Re: Front end alignment, toe in

To: dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front end alignment, toe in
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 08:30:23 EDT
In a message dated 7/25/03 5:16:52 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com writes:

> Has anyone tried those rotating plates that LBCarCo sells (Gunson?) that you
> drive over one with the wheels straight and it shows you how many degrees it
> rotated?

Haven't tried one recently, but the Chevy dealer in my home town had one back
in the 1950's.  Everyone who drove into the shop drove across that thing and
was informed as to how much their alignment was off.  Never really understood
how it worked, but it had short, vertical steel rails with teeth that you
drove over.

--David C.