Lovely Spridgety Weekend

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Lovely Spridgety Weekend
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 01:20:58 -0700
I was privileged to spend a too small portion of last weekend with
fellow lister David McCartney and his friend Jim Coppage. They were kind
enough to drive up from somewhere in the hinterlands of California to
help me in my ongoing effort to get Madge roadworthy. While Jim crawled
around under the car to find my mysterious brake fluid leak, David was
teaching me how to do upholstery & install seatbelts.  Gosh she looks
pretty now with her new seats and pretty red belts! It looks far easier
than I had anticipated. The leak was finally discovered in a front flex
hose, but there was no way to get a replacement that day so, armed with
good instructions, I prepared to wait and do it myself. Today, my new
hose arrived and I thoroughly impressed the construction crew that was
working on my house by installing it in about 2 1/2 minutes. In my
opinion, not bad for someone who doesn't do brakes. With luck, tomorrow
I will find someone to help bleed the system. The guys made it home
safely with all the parts necessary to create a Japanese Sprite for
Jim's wife. I do hope they will visit at the new house in Nevada for a
dinner that they don't need to work for!!!!
Kate
'72 Midget, almost ready to drive