Many accomplishments today

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Many accomplishments today
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2003 21:29:30 -0400
I woke up to a paralyzed cat. Apparently Tiger Kitty had a blood clot go
to his hip and paralyzed his hind legs. The vet said he could not
restore him so we had to put him down. Diane is NOT a happy lady this
evening.
A bit later I piled up my new 195/60s 13s on the passenger seat of the
Sprite, went down  to my local tire shop in the pouring rain
(toples..uh..With no top) and had them mounted and balanced. No spacers,
no rubbing, life is good again for $20. I did throw the guys some beer
money, it was a bit early to bring beer. (10 ish)
Got home and noticed a wee bit of coolant behind the rear tire in the
driveway. I said to myself, "self, .....You better check under the
bonnet" I never got to it but later moved the car into the garage. More
coolant behind the rear tire! Hmmm, it must have dripped off the tire
from the puddle in the street. Later the puddle is bigger! Now I KNOW
there is no coolant, radiator, or hoses near the back wheel of a Sprite.
But I did have a spare gallon in the boot that must have been bounced
around and got a pin hole in the jug.
Next project.... Get that 948 fired up. It's been sitting on the garage
floor for 2 months, sitting someplace else for probably 40 years judging
by the gummed up carbs. I mean nasty gummed up and thick.
Bolt a starter to it, hook up a coil, change the plugs, prime the oil,
hook up an oil gauge to it,  and squirt Gum Out in the carbs. This one
was my toughest, it took 20 minutes to get it running! But 60 psi, and
it runs quite nice even with crappy carbs. Yes I had it running on the
garage floor with a set of jumper cables. I have the black spot on my
blue floor to prove it ;) And yes, it leaks oil!
Next I had to reglue the fence post caps onto my rims because the tire
guys had to remove them to balance the tires.
The building inspector stops by with his 1950 English Ford and it's fuel
pump problem, AGAIN, and we gave that another once over. It pumps but it
leaks so we caulked it.
Peter, got any Prefect fuel pumps? I'll buy it for him.
Then Ron Soave calls with a fuel leak, I told him to caulk it :)
The Sprite is fine, the garage is clean, and dinner was great.
If it wasn't for the cat this morning, it would have been a great day.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ