Re: Many accomplishments today

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Many accomplishments today
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 19:56:52 -0700 (PDT)
--- Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com> wrote:
> Then Ron Soave calls with a fuel leak, I told him to
> caulk it :)

Ah yes.  My day - woke up this am at 5:30 before wife
and kids, following my 2 guidelines of:

1) Don't let race car prep interfere with family time
2) Even though you know better, mess with the race car
until you F it up so you'll have something to do the
night before the tow.

Changed the oil relief spring as pressure seemed
artificially low.  Found NOS spring from Peter C. had
alarmingly longer free length than the one on the car
(makes sense oil pressure wise, but still...). Solid
height of spring was OK, figured old one lost
elasticity.  So I went for it. Also remembered I never
changed axle seals that I suspected of slight leak
(woulda been good to do that when I changed the diff
pinion seal last week, huh?).  All was dry, but
changed anyway (I know, speedisleeve...soon).  Then
run out in street Bugeye for a morning bun-run.  Also
pick up milk, as I had to make do with cool-whip in my
espresso latte homebrew, but still did the trick at
5:30.  Then on to the vet at 9am with Simba the
Wonderdog for annual shots (those of you who know him,
he's still crazy as ever at 7 years old, vet says he's
as hyper as an 11 month old.  Like I needed someone
with 47 years of vet school to tell me that), then to
Pegasus Racing for new Holley regulator (old one blew
seal as mentioned yesterday).  Also picked up Hawk
Blue pads, restrained myself from more than that.
Then on to Milwaukee Zoo with the family, back home to
install regulator, now I'm like a a dutchboy (or
lesbian, depending on where your head's at) with my
finger on the dyke.  Reg is fixed, but the fuel line
3/8-barb fitting to carb is leaking.  PO used teflon
tape, quick test indicates that it dissolves instantly
in fuel.  Run engine anyway, oil pressure good (thanks
Peter).  Call Frank for sealant recommendation, then
out in the street Bugeye to find Phenoseal.  60 more
miles in the Bugeye, as Roscoe and Rockford, IL are
Pheno-free zones, but I find something else that was
extremely effective but will probably prevent any
future disassembly of the regulator.  Told wife I'm
truly done with prep, but I didn't mention the shield
I'm fabbing to prevent any possibility of regulator
rupture spraying fuel very far.... Lynette's working
tomorrow, me and the boys have the Boone County fair
to look forward to.

Hope your weekend's going well!

Ron
"Grasshopper"