babies growing up in LBCs

To: "Spridgets@Autox. Team. Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: babies growing up in LBCs
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 10:03:15 -0400
Congratulations and best wishes to Amy & spouse on new arrival.  Amy, your
announcement got me to reminiscing about my own son.  He has occupied the
passenger seat (and, lately, the driver's seat) of our '72 Midget since he
was in diapers.  He and I have spent many happy hour/miles in our trusty
Midget and he's got many stories to tell of getting drenched because the old
man was too hard-headed to stop and put the top up.  That times we shared
(and continue to share) in that old Midget were and still are something very
special and unique.  That tiny, baby boy of 18 years ago is now a strapping,
6'2" Eagle Scout and outside linebacker with a mischievous grin, a well
cultivated sense of humor and a very kind, caring nature.  He's achieved
much, already and I like to think that those experiences in the Midget were
an important part of his up-bringing.
He loves that Midget and is always looking for reasons/excuses to take it
out for a drive.  Through my son, MG has gained several more "converts",
including one of his football team's 6'4", 285 lb. linemen, who fell in love
with the Midget when my son took him for a drive in it.  I didn't see them,
but, the kid's mother was describing the sight to me, yesterday.  Sure wish
she'd taken some photos!
Anyhow, Spridgets and kids of all ages and sizes are a natural fit.  So,
Amy, you and your little guy have got a lot of good times to look forward
to.
Bud Osbourne