Re: [midgetsprite] Was: Here is July 4th 2001 NOW: How hot is HOT? long,

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, PilotRob@webtv.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Was: Here is July 4th 2001 NOW: How hot is HOT? long, tedi...
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 15:26:32 EDT
In a message dated 8/23/03 12:27:56 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
toyman@digitex.net writes:

> I appear to have
> dodged a bullet on a blown head gasket or warped head, but what else
> should be expected as a possible problem?
> If you get this far, thanks for reading, and thank you for any valid
> advice (that is for YOU, Ed) you can offer.
>
> Brad

I don't know about damage Brad, but you need to find out where the water
went.  It didn't just disappear.   Go to MM&J and get them to pressure test the
radiator.  This will show up any leaks in the radiator or hoses.

Let the car dry awhile and it will probably start.  You probably wet the plug
wires or have have condensation in the dizzy cap.  Blow everything dry with
compressed air.

Any oil in the new water?

If, or rather when this ever happens again, hose down the radiator with cool
water, BEFORE, you loosen the cap.  It helps, and you definitely did the right
thing in starting it up to add the water.  If cool water hits a really hot
spot, you could crack cast iron.

Robert Houston

There is no better tonic for the heart than making a child smile.