RE: Spridget Trip to northern Pa.

To: valntine@ptd.net, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Spridget Trip to northern Pa.
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 12:28:11 -0500
I was glad to leave the density of east coast life, but boy do I miss those
Pennsylvania country roads!  Sounds like a great excursion.  Can you imagine
all that area was completely clearcut in the late 19th century for lumber
and later to make it easier to get in and out of the oil fields.  My
90-year-old father-in-law told me when he was kid and went hunting up there,
it was unusual to even SEE deer.  By the 1960's (and years of reforestation
and tree-hugger activism), he was getting a buck every season and got a bear
one year.  That's pretty wild country now-- great for hunting, backpacking,
motorcycle touring, and, of course, LBCs.  I'm jealous!

JohnD