Metal Dash???scuttle/cowl

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Metal Dash???scuttle/cowl
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 08:38:02 -0700
Okay...firstquestion...Is the scuttle the same as the cowl?

Nextquestion...Does the metal dash's top lip bolt RIGHT UP TO the underside
of the cowl?
OOOORRRR   is it level with the LIP of the cowl( about 1" lower)

Franks method seems to suggest the former and Guy's dash seems to be 1"
lower...

I am NOT worried about the lower dash braces, just the top attachment

There is NO center stud from the old dash in my '73
thanks
Bill

Frank said:     You have to drill a hole in each corner near the windshield
in the top of the cowl.I used 1/4 x 20 carridge bolts. Flat head, burried in
the corner behind the crash rail and hidden by the windshield lower frame. I
mean if you are looking for them, you will see them. The center stud should
be there from the old dash. And 2 bottom supports are easily made out of
just about anything.

Guy said:    My original UK spec 1970 Sprite (metal dash) has three upward
facing bolts where the top flange of the dash meets with the lower edge of
the scuttle.
There are then 2 small angle brackets that connect the lower corners of the
dash to the inner faces of the footwells, near to the top of the A posts.