ABFM Portland

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: ABFM Portland
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 18:15:55 -0700 (PDT)
Just got back into the Bay area from Portland. Looks like fun had by all at
ABFM. Flights went well. (As an ex-airliner Cap'n Bob knows what I mean). I got
to visit with Larry Miller and Paul A. After Larry's long trip, he didn't look
too worse for wear.  Ed must have been right, I never laid an eyeball on Willy
Thompson, he must have been over at the big Healy's drooling.  Sorry Willy, I
was looking forward to catching up with you. Next time, I suppose. I saw Rex
Urban's Bug but never did get to meet Rex.
 Based on Paul's advice the wife and I took advantage of the late afternoon and
traveled up the Columbia River Gorge for a little site seeing. We ended up in
Hood River. We were able to find what was probably the last room in town but
the hotel was right on the Columbia River.  I sat on the balcony of my room
sipping Pina Colada watching the river until I crawled into to bed late. (
Paul, you were right about Hood River. Quite a pricey little touristy trap!
It'll be a few months before I can afford more car parts!)
 A little car show, a little lunch, and a little vintage racing, all in all a
nice day.
Hope to see more folks and more cars at Palo Alto in a couple of weeks.

Larry Pitts
60 Bug (getting closer!)