Re: Best way to clean gas tank? Now a sloshed tank.

To: "David Woerpel" <dwoerpel@wi.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Best way to clean gas tank? Now a sloshed tank.
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 08:59:13 -0700
OK, guys.  How is this best done?  I've got a car here with a cleaned and
"sloshed" gas tank.  Only problem is, the slosh has the pick up tube glued
to the tank bottom. Gets about enough gas through to idle!  No pick up
screen on this one so poking a hole in it with a screwdriver isn't an
option.

Called the radiator shops and they just groan when I say what's happened!
Cost run is about $225 to $240 to boil it with caustic, cut a hole in the
tank top and scrape out the residue, and weld it back up.  That's right in
the new tank price range, so unless you have some favorite BBQ sauce to boil
in it, what would my options be?  Anyone have experience with this?

Later, Paul A