RE: Muffler choice Sun, 7 Sep 2003 20:14:05 -0700

To: dwramsey@worldnet.att.net (David Ramsey)
Subject: RE: Muffler choice Sun, 7 Sep 2003 20:14:05 -0700
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 23:56:51 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Wow, David...I am blown away.

I am really amazed at this. And with no
intent to criticize, I would have sent
the whole thing back to David's (he's
the boss, after all) attention and requested
replacement with a proper, undamaged system as initially ordered. In the
event
the system could not be produced as
advertisied and ordered, then a return
of funds would definitely have been in
order unless a deal was worked out to
provide you, by agreement, with another
type of performance system they may
have offered with suitable financial
adjustment in the event.

This is definitely one of the benefits of
using a credit card though I would never
have figured one would need such a "device" for dealing with APT. I
cannot
believe they would not take it back considering the obvious mismatch
fault
alone, in and of itself. I know this system
and it is anything but inexpensive.

It really pi$$es me off when somebody
gets screwed like this. And I would never
believe that Anton himself would allow
it. In my dealings with him on behalf
of my self and International Car Parts
(worked there part-time years ago and
set up wholesale agreement with him on
their behalf handling APT Spridget parts)
he was extremely fair, dependable and
reliable. A real gentlemen in all respects.

He must have been in England or
something when this occurred, and the
lady (I know who you mean) acted with
improper authorization, for they were
obviously dead wrong on this according
to your statements.

Well...I empathize fully with you
on this, Crash. But do not hesitate to
contact the "man in command" in such
instances. In his absence go the certified
letter route and wait for an answer upon
his return. I know from my experience that
in important matters like this, the employees were "not authorized" in
such
matters back when I dealt with him on
behalf of International.

I can remember when an incorrect clutch
disc was supplied and installed in a
customer's car by error. You know, improper part or not, the mechanic
doing
the work has the responsibility in such
cases. David not only resupplied the correct part at no charge, he also
originated a check for 1/2 the amount it
cost to do the work over again after the
initial part failed after "misinstallation"
by the mechanic. I mean, this is the kind
of service we got back then from APT
and the Davids. Mechanic's responsibility
or not, he figured it was 1/2 his fault for
supplying the incorrect part to begin with.

Boy, I wish I knew you back then, was
aware of the problem and could turn
the clock back. :(

Cap'n. Bob