Re: Adjustable lever arm shocks in NJ - on Ebay

To: HealeyRic2@aol.com
Subject: Re: Adjustable lever arm shocks in NJ - on Ebay
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 09:08:17 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I was out of the office for a few days and couldn't chime in.
These are for semi-elliptic sprung Spridgets. Not BEs. You can tell quickly
by the filler /topping-up plug being on the body of the shock as opposed to
the earlier shocks having that plug on the lid. The only reason the early
and later shocks don't interchange is the length of the lever arm itself.
(1/4 elliptic arm is longer(longer still on the very, very earliest cars)).
The internal piston size is different as well. These shocks are pretty
cool. I know the  rebuilding procedure isn't any different than regular shocks.
         PPP aka Peter C.
====