RE: Welder choice

To: Bud Osbourne <abcoz@hky.com>, David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Welder choice
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 07:03:32 -0700 (PDT)
--- Bud Osbourne <abcoz@hky.com> wrote:
> David,
> I've been giving the same advice for years, now and
> you're the first guy to
> report a lack of available vo-tech classes.

Then count me #2.  I'm 70 miles from Chicago near
Rockford, IL, a very blue collar area, and there isn't
much, save for an expensive course at the community
college.  We are an industrial/ manufacturing town
with 10% unemployment because all the machine shops
are closing.  The welder that we use is one of 2 in
the area with the certs we need, and he has a
bachelor's in materials science, as well as all his
welding certs.  His welding is by far the best I've
ever seen, but he's a dying breed.