Re: Oil Leak from Head

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Oil Leak from Head
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 18:42:20 -0700
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Bum head gasket?

That would be my guess. I got a brand new one once and the seal
around each cylinder stood proud on one side. It started leaking
coolant as soon as I filled the radiator and the engine had never
even been started at all. I checked the torque, but it still was
seeming out on the spark plug side. I replace the gasket and it's
been fine. I had one other type on another engine that had a
plastic-like coating on one side. That one always seeped oil on the
pushrod side. same deal, replaced the head gasket and it was fine.

Gerard

--
One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it.
~French Proverb