Re: More on Cooper S Distributor

To: macleans@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More on Cooper S Distributor
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 23:41:00 -0700 (PDT)
A good read! Could anyone get the two www.members.tripod.com links to articles
from the same author to work??

All this dizzy curve stuff is new and exciting to me, but what I can't figure
out is how does one know what the total advance would be for a given engine
tune??

 Is there a resource that would indicate what the average advance curve would
be required for various A series engine tunes. For example how would one know
that the Cooper S curved dizzy is more appropriate than say a standard dizzy
for a given situation?

Larry Pitts
60 Bug

Mike MacLean <macleans@earthlink.net> wrote:
Here's a PDF document that tells you how to tune the curve on your
distributor, if you get your car on a dyno to find out what's required.
Also includes some interesting info on replacement Hitachi or Ford
Cortina GT Motorcraft distributors. Before you print this, check the
links on the last page (12).

http://www.telusplanet.net/~chichm/tech/lucastuning.pdf

Mike MacLean
60 Sprite