Arrgghhh! Stupid Car! (long-ish)

Subject: Arrgghhh! Stupid Car! (long-ish)
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 13:34:47 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hey Guyz,

'72 RWA Midget, been running and handling great for last
several years. But yesterday .....

1. Iterative hesitations under hard acceleration. Not
always, but maybe every 4th or fifth time. Ease back on
the gas, she smooths out fine. Sometimes can even push
thru it by hitting gas harder.

2. Then, on the way home, started getting banshee-like metallic
screams/scraping, sounds like from the front end, esp. on
left turns.  Then, as if by MAGIC -- all the noise stopped
and has not come back.

Today I removed, checked, and replaced the front wheels, brake
pads, etc. No sign of any scars, scratches, etc. And the bearings run smooth
No noise. Handles fine.

So ... drove down to get a replacement fuel filter. Ran great both times,
no hesitations at all. No scraping noises either. I have replaced the
filter just in case.

Suggestions for further inquiry???

thanks,

chuck