Go fast suspension set up

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Go fast suspension set up
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:42:38 -0600
Hi All,
I got my Bugeye back from the painter this weekend. I ended up having it
painted 2002 Jaguar BRG. (A very nice dark non-metallic green colour). Anyway,
the first project will be the suspension. I had been planning to remove 1/3rd
of the rear spring leaves, install  lowering blocks on the bottom of the
quarter elliptic springs, install a panhard bar, and add stiffer, shorter
front springs. (Also all of the usual stuff...Peter C. shocks, Poly U
bushings, etc) My question is : With weaker rear springs and stiff front
springs won't the car tend to understeer ? I have always enjoyed driving these
cars sideways. What does the collective wisdom think ?
Thanks,
            Mark Hanna (Colorado)