Diff

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Diff
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 12:46:28 -0700 (PDT)
I have "broken down" the donor rear end for my  Bug project. The 3.7 diff,
axles, hubs and brake assy (including backing plates) will be transplanted from
a 72 midget w/w rear end to an earlier 1/4 elliptical w/w housing. The diff
looks good with no visible wear marks on the crown or pinion gears. Oil was
clean. Any suggested routine maintenance as long as I have parts in hand. I
intend to renew the pinion oil seal on the diff, brake cylinders, hub bearings
and oil seals. I have no access to a press. Any comments on pressing in the new
hub bearings or bring them to a machine shop?
Install in reverse order, eh?

Larry Pitts
60 Bug