Re: FW: was Alpha Romeo, now Miata (No Lbc)

To: Bud Osbourne <abcoz@hky.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: FW: was Alpha Romeo, now Miata (No Lbc)
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 13:05:47 -0700 (PDT)
Everyone has an opinion and so do I. I have a Miata (daily driver for going to
work). I have a 1960 Bugeye vintage racer car (for racing, of course and that
occasional encounter with the saber toothed tiger) and am building a Cobra
replica (for when I feel like encountering Tyranosaurus Rex). You don't have to
limit yourself to just one niche. Each car has it's own particular thrill. I
try to keep the Miata top down as much as possible. I agree, too many of them
have them up. Why buy a convertible, right?

Bud Osbourne <abcoz@hky.com> wrote:While I agree that the Miata is a fine car,
I, personally, find excess
perfection to be boring, in the long run. One needs to overcome some
challenges in life, to keep life interesting. I like the old Brit sports
cars because they keep me "on my toes" and are much more satisfying to
own/drive because of that. If man hadn't been the occasional main course of
the Sabre Toothed Tiger's dinner, he'd never have had to invent weapons to
prevent it. He'd have become bored and complacent...sort of like most Miata
drivers, who drive around with the top up, windows closed and A/C on. We
NEED to be confronted by a sabre toothed tiger, occasionally, to keep us
sharp and help us realize how good we have it.
Bud Osbourne (always on the look-out for that ol' sabre tooth and enjoying
the challenge...except when the tiger wins)

Tom and Sharon Shirley

http://www.geocities.com/baddogracing/