Re: 1500 expansion tank relocation

To: Chris King <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: 1500 expansion tank relocation
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 07:22:34 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Chris King wrote:

>Those of you who converted a US spec 1500 to twin SU's, how did you
>re-mount your expansion tank? I was looking at mine in the engine bay
>this evening, and it looks like it's monted too close to the front carb
>to fit the air cleaner on.

I moved mine forward.  I put the back hole on the tank in the front
mounting hole and build an extension bracket went to the original back
hole.  The bracket was sort of L shaped.  That moved the tank forward.

Gilroy

---------
"We go through life parched and empty, standing knee deep in a river,
dying of thirst" - Jones/McDill/Lee