A good wife is like a good spanner? was Re: Spanners

To: Guy.Weller@kencomp.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: A good wife is like a good spanner? was Re: Spanners
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 16:40:30 EDT
Hi Guy,

Early retirement I take it?

If you go Snap-On then then you can get half a dozen for about #200.  They
also do a latch on head version, an offset version and extra long.  Also
available in metric.

What do you mean a book would just gather dust????

I have a couple of cheapie ratchet (ring) spanners from some years ago that I
must have given away.  I think ratchet (ring) spanners don't offer much extra
use over sockets.  On the other hand an open ended spanner or combination
spanner will undo brake union.  The flank-drive plus from Snap-On does really
work and I've used their test rig to put it to the test (don't think I have
digital photos).

I have been married 8 years and started seriously collecting Snap-On tools at
that time (before that I had maybe 1 or 2 spanners).  To early to say if
anything is going slack.......  A good wife is like a good spanner?

Regards

Daniel

In a message dated 10/10/03 13:12:38 Pacific Daylight Time,
Guy.Weller@kencomp.net writes:

> I have a generous gift voucher from friends at work as a leaving present.
> I told them I wanted to choose some tools.  Despite being known as a &
> quot;fixer"
> most thought it an odd sort of retirement gift to choose.
>
> I explained that a good set of spanners would get daily use, last me my
> remaing years and every time I picked one up it would remind me of their
> friendship, whilst a clock or picture or book would just gather dust.
> In my retirement speech I commented that my wife bought me the last full

> spanner set when we got married, 32+ years ago.  The spanners have also had
> lot of use but have not lasted as well as they have become rather slack.
It