Spanners

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Spanners
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 21:00:21 +0100
I have a generous gift voucher from friends at work as a leaving present.
I told them I wanted to choose some tools.  Despite being known as a "fixer"
most thought it an odd sort of retirement gift to choose.

I explained that a good set of spanners would get daily use, last me my
remaing years and every time I picked one up it would remind me of their
friendship, whilst a clock or picture or book would just gather dust.
In my retirement speech I commented that my wife bought me the last full
spanner set when we got married, 32+ years ago.  The spanners have also had a
lot of use but have not lasted as well as they have become rather slack.  It
was fun to see the slowly spreading grins on people's faces as I said this!

Anyway, the point of this post....
Does anyone have any of those offset ratchet ring spanners? Are they any good,
or just a gimmick?

Guy