duct tape carb repair

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: duct tape carb repair
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 14:08:44 -0700
On the way to work this morning the bolt that holds the top on the float bowl
and the overflow tube of the 1.5" SU came loose and vanished beneath my
wheels.  The float bowl lid hung in place and continued to pour fuel into the
bowl beneath it, so I got to work with a strong smell of gas permeating the
car.  I ordered the replacement bits for delivery Monday and figured to leave
the bugeye at work until then.  A co-worker jokingly suggested "Duct tape it!"
and after laughing a bit, I thought, why not?

Two wraps of duct tape later, the top was firmly in place on the float bowl.
I drove it home without the slightest whiff of gas.  It works "a treat"as they
say.  So if you're desperate for a roadside repair.....

Glen