RE: Car does not start

To: "'Gary & Kathryn Bales'" <kgb@frontiernet.net>, "DE-BREBISSON,CYRILLE (HP-Boise,ex1)" <cyrille@hp.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Car does not start
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 17:26:26 -0400
Hello,

Yes, the fuel pump does click, so I do not think that this is the problem.

I always start the car in neutral, but, in addition (I read that in my other
car's user's manual) if you depress the clutch, you reduce the amount of
"crap" that the starter and the starting engine has to turn (ie: the main
shaft in the gear box) and reduce the frictions, making it easier to
start...
If someone has a different point of view on that one, I would be glad to
hear more about it.

Thanks, cyrille