Headlights

To: spridgets@mgs.autox.net
Subject: Headlights
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 20:27:47 +0100
Hi all,

My left dipped headlight hadn't worked since I got the car.  I got hold
of an H4 set thinking that I might as well upgrade the lights if I have
to replace one.

I fitted them, and switched them on, all excited.  However, upon switching
them onto dipped, the right light is way dimmer than the left.  When using
main beam, the right light becomes dimmer still.

I suspected a bad earth, and the headlight earth was certainly pretty
corroded, so I snipped it and ran it to a bit of bare metal (quite
nearby).  No difference.

Any ideas?  I thought maybe I should run the earth straight to the -ve
of the battery, incase the other one I tried was no good either.  Am I
barking up the wrong tree?  There's no relays, AFAIK, so I don't see
what else the problem could be.

Now playing: Porcupine Tree - Collapse the Light Into the Ea