Re: Fire

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fire
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 09:28:18 -0800
I came very close yesterday and last night to being burned out also.
San Bernardino is the location of the worst fire in California right
now.  As of this morning 200 homes have been destroyed and three people
have died.  I have just returned home from work on the railroad.  Last
night I had to drive a train through the Cajon Pass.  There were fires
on many of the mountains around us.  As of right now, the trains are not
running.  Too dangerous.  The seasonal Santa Ana winds (they blow in the
opposite direction from normal during the fall) is blowing the fire west
towards Los Angeles and it is about to meet another fire 10 miles away
along the foothills.  Then they will both head for Los Angeles.  I am
safe for now as I am about 10 miles south of the fire.  The Santa Ana
winds have actually blown the smoke and ash that covered my house
yesterday out of the are.  I sympathize with you Jacques and am keeping
my fingers crossed that your home comes out unscathed.  Most important
is you and your family.  Any possession can be replaced.  Good luck.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
San Bernardino

Jacques Le Clainche wrote:

It's our turn to be at the mercy of the elements- huge fire raging and
coming our way. We can already see the glow and smell the smoke. Ash
everywhere. Neighbors have already gone. Lots of people up the road have
been evacuated. I'm signing off and getting ready for evacuation.

Hopefully I'll still have a house and the AH/Lotus/Porsche tomorrow. They
are staying home... We are taking the van and the Expedition with the dogs.

Wish us luck.

Jacques Le Clainche