Re: additional oil pressure question

To: Dbcooper292@aol.com, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: additional oil pressure question
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 16:32:27 -0500
Cc: Daniel1312@aol.com
I never heard of the relief valve needing to be changed either. When I
rebuild an engine, I put a new one in, well just because.

Now as for fitting a USED oil cooler. IMHO that is one of the biggest
examples of false economy. I don't happen to think there is any
possible way to clean out all the grit and crap from the last guys
engine, and you have no idea what shape it was in. Unless this is an
old engine you are planning not keeping (and then why even put one on)
get a new one!!!

I know we are supposed to be the we tight bunch, but the choice is
several hundred to a thousand, or so, bucks for a new engine rebuild or
a hundred bucks or so for a new oil cooler.

No brainer, in my opinion. Get a new one, or do with out.

Larry

--
Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu

  "Don't be afraid to ask dumb questions, they are a lot easier to
  handle than dumb mistakes.