additional oil pressure question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: additional oil pressure question
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 17:23:15 EST
"Now as for fitting a USED oil cooler. IMHO that is one of the biggest
examples of false economy. I don't happen to think there is any
possible way to clean out all the grit and crap from the last guys
engine, and you have no idea what shape it was in. Unless this is an
old engine you are planning not keeping (and then why even put one on)
get a new one!!!"

a good point, but what makes you so confident the new one you'd buy instead
has no crap, solder blobs, etc. in it?  At least a used one presumably didn't
ruin the last motor it was on?  I think what you say makes sense but in either
case I'd recommend flushing the cooler and lines out before installing and
changing the oil filter and oil shortly after firing it up, then I'd feel
pretty
confident in both situations.  If the fact that sometimes buying something new
works better and turns out cheaper in the end had any hope of taking root
with me I'd have a 2002 miata that I put 30,000 miles on in the two years I've
had my midget!

Mark M.