pit marks in Superlite aluminum wheel rings.

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: pit marks in Superlite aluminum wheel rings.
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 18:00:56 EST
I am polishing the aluminum rings on my Superlite wheels using Mothers Mag
and Aluminum polish and there are few areas with shallow pit marks. At this
point the wheels, with powder coated gun metal centers, are about a 9 out of
10. I
could live with these pitmarks, but life should be perfect shouldn't it?

So what is the best way to clean this up without making matters worse?
600 wet paper?
Scotchbrite pad?

Next question:
Once perfect, should I lacquer or clear powder coat over the polished
aluminum? Or will it start to dull under this protective layer?

David Oliner

David Oliner