1275 coil update

To: "Midgetsprite" <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1275 coil update
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 17:37:08 -0500
Cc: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Thanks to all for the help, especially David Lieb.  Yes, the ground strap
was connected to the engine.  And yes I have 12.1 Volts on the positive
connection to the coil.  It appears that I have a bad condenser (and the
points needed to be cleaned).  If I measure continuity where the points
actually make contact I can watch the continuity come-and-go as they open
and close.  If I measure continuity at the spade connector on the outside of
the dizzy I get continuity all the time no matter whether the points are
open or closed (continuous or "dead" short).  Does everybody agree it is a
bad condenser?

Thanks again,
Tad