Re: Got it - Anemic fuel pumps

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Got it - Anemic fuel pumps
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 18:52:05 -0600
Ya Know, THIS is what the list is about. A book will NEVER tell you about shit
like
this. For all the bitchers and whiners about off topic email (tho we aint seen
many of
those lately), it is days like this when the list pulls through.
Congratulations on
finding the problem. NOW, do you have any spare butt plugs?, I have a parts car
I can
scrounge in if you need me too. The ones they sell at the "specialty" shops
WILL NOT
WORK!!!!
BTW, I finally got our 68 up and running again. I had our company diesel truck
mechanic
build up a 1275 out of the spare parts I have been collecting over the years.
All I had
to buy was gaskets. The car would barely start, but once I got the carbs sorted
out
(they were set for a engine that was 33 years old) the engine rumbled and loped
like a
Harley. A quick adjust on the valves (5 too tight, 2 too loose), re-tweak the
carbs, and
it purrs at 800 rpm..............
It looks like I will be getting a 67 Sprite in the stables for a while. Anyone
out there
have an original one? I need to ask about the brake master configuration.
Thanks,
Brad