Re: oil leak pt2

To: willy@thompsoncarpentry.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: oil leak pt2
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 19:52:00 EST
In a message dated 11/30/03 2:23:23 PM Pacific Standard Time,
willy@thompsoncarpentry.com writes:

> . Is there some where else to be looking for this "ventilation"
> that may be plugged?

I drilled and tapped the old mechanical fuel pump blank (cover), installed a
fitting to which a copper tube was connected.  Ran the copper tube to a "t"
which connected it to the breather tube coming off the valve cover, then the
other side of the "t" into a collection container. The collection container is
the old brass tank that used to be part of the cooling system.  I installed a
Spitfire filler neck one the thermostat housing and eliminated the troublesome
brass tank from the cooling system, while making the syste MUCH easier to fill
and check.

I still have lots of oil leakage, but it couldn't be from excess pressure,
since both top and bottom ends of my engine are vented.

--David C.