Re: Moto Lita Sounds Horn When Turned

To: Mike MacLean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Moto Lita Sounds Horn When Turned
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 15:26:21 -0800
Cc: Charles Christ <cfchrist@earthlink.net>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Well, I just got in  from the garage.  The horn works fine now.  I
tightened up the loose contact ring on the dash surround by bending the
tabs tighter.  I also centered the steering column in the middle of the
hole of the surround by adding a couple of washers to the support under
the dash.  It dropped the shaft an 1/8th of an inch or so.  Perfect!
The shaft was rubbing at the top of the bakelite surround and apparently
this put the raised boss on the back of the Moto Lita Hub in contact
with one of the tabs when the wheel was turned!  The oriinal Bugeye
wheel was flat inside the back of the hub, so nothing on the original
wheel toched the contact ring.  The Moto Lita hub has a raised aluminum
boss in the center of the rear where it is real close to the contact
ring  when the wheel is in place.  I guess you can just grind off this
boss or do like I did and center your steering shaft carefully.  Now
it's time to go test out the new Moto Lita wheel.  Wheeeeeeeeee!
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite with new Moto Lita Wheel
56 BN2 that will also have a Moto Lita wheel