Up Date...8 won't start

To: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net, dustinc@kfalls.sykes.com
Subject: Up Date...8 won't start
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 19:24:16 -0800 FILETIME=[EBC074B0:01C3C2BA]
Thanks to all those responding to my original post; what a wealth of
knowledge out there.

Carbed TR8 owners take note!  Specifically those with Zenith Strombergs.

After running thru the normal symptomatic potential fault evaluations, the
problem turned out to beare you ready for thisa dash pot (piston assembly,
air valve, etc.) in the right-hand carburetor.

When bleeping the throttleor driving WFO, bringing the revs high and
thereby forcing the dash pot(s) to raise availing greater volume of air to
the engine; one stuck in a more open position.

This condition caused the engine (when up to operating temperature) to die
at revs below 2k (combustible air/fuel ratio way off) and prevented the
engine from restarting.  With the engine cold, the auto chokes functioned
properly, enriching the fuel circuit sufficiently to over come the lean
condition caused by the open dash pot.

Strange, but true!  Now if I could over come this problem I have with water,
gravity and wet carpets!!!

Take care.

WFO Herb
Keep the sticky side down!
80 TR8 DHC, 77 FHC (on its way to being a race-wedge)
Grants Pass, Oregon

Take advantage of our best MSN Dial-up offer of the year  six months
@$9.95/month. Sign up now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup