Re: What makes a good snow car?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What makes a good snow car?
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 19:37:22 -0800
My best snow car was my '64 Corvair Spyder. When I was 1/2 way uo a hill and
needed to go around traffic that was skating around on the slope after
stopping for the light at the top, I just drove into a driveway, and went up
the sidewalk until I was past the mess, then back out another driveway.

As far as SUVs, it seems to me that their "clumsiness" is not the fault of
the vehicle, but that of the person at the wheel who does not have the
necessary skill to drive on dry pavement, let alone snow & ice.
Unfortunately, the DMV is not yet required to give IQ tests prior to issuing
a drivers' license.

Kate
8" on the ground, and more expected tonight. I'm dreaming of my first white
Christmas since I left NY in 1980.