new MINI, old MINI

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: new MINI, old MINI
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 13:12:50 -0800
The first thing that struck us when we walked into the showroom was the
classic MINI front and center.  A completely original 72 1000.  The franchise
owners had searched long and hard to locate just the right one and have
undertaken a total restoration.  With only the under bonnet left to do, its a
beauty.  We (I) immediately inquired but was told its not for sale.  Too bad,
they could have sold two Minis to the same buyers.  I've not met the franchise
owners, but I think I like them already.

I got to drive it this morning (fast and fun), and Lesley is off to Sacto this
afternoon for her first freeway cruise.  She took along our 14 year old and
Bob Seeger for the CD.  I told her to at least try driving it like she
borrowed it.  She could never drive it like she stole it.  Looks like she'll
get it for now until her beloved Winifred is finished.  I'm inspired to work
even faster now so I can get my turn.

Glen