RE: new MINI, old MINI

To: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: new MINI, old MINI
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 16:13:31 -0600
The MINI dealer in Minneapolis (a suburban mall actually) has a classic Mini
mounted sideways on the wall. It's a shell really, that they picked up from
a local sports car nut.

Not so sure about how they react to other LBCs (the Midget has been off the
road for a shamefully long time) but new MINI drivers typically go nuts for
the old Mini. I have had new MINIs chase me down for miles to check out the
original. Most have never seen one, except the "old car guys" who have
bought MINIs by the bushel as winter cars. The local Intermarque council met
this morning at my place and there were four MINIs in the lot.

Phil Vanner
Mini-appolis
'61 Midget
'74 Mini
Need something a little larger if I'm going to have another child.