Cooling my leaky jets

To: <pxlsmith@softcom.net>
Subject: Cooling my leaky jets
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 19:40:14 -0500
Cc: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
>> Happy New Years Gerard,
>>
>> Hi Mike, Happy New Year to you as well. Sorry I'm slow getting back to you,
>> but I've been busy the last few days didn't have a chance to reply.
>>
>> It seems from you recent post that you solved most of your problems, so I'll
>> refrain from addressing all your questions.
>>
>> As to the leak situation:
>>
>> Which fuel pimp are you using?
>> What kind of float shut off valves did you use?
>> Did you adjust the float levels for the new valves? There is a procedure in
>> the shop manual, but if you followed that and it's still not right, try
>> dropping them  slightly lower.
>>
>> Gerard

Thanks to Gerard and others:

Couple more points on the leaky jets.  I changed from GrossJets to
ball-valves.  I've never used the ball valves before.  Do they seal as well?

I will try to lower the float level and see how that goes.

I'm using an after-market pump that the PO put on.  From what I can tell it
is a "Carter Import Vehicle Electric Fuel Pump", P-60132.  I'm not sure how
to find out more about this particular pump.  Like I said it is 20+ years
old.

Mike Gagne
Chapel Hill, NC