Midget Woes... Texas Inspection...

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Midget Woes... Texas Inspection...
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:20:43 -0600
I had an interesting day today.  I devoted it to the MG, to get it ready for
inspection.  I installed a Pertronix, which got rid of the intermittent miss
I was plagued with.  I installed a new choke cable (I hate working behind
the dash with my big Italian hands), and finally sealed the exhaust with
some exhaust cement (before Frank's reply, but that what I used).  Then I
had it inspected.

Here are the items I failed on:

1) Parking brake loose (arguable)
2) Doesn't stop within feet allotted (approx 15 feet from 20 mph)
3) Rear brake lights not working
4) master cylinder leaking
5) Right Rear Wheel leaking brake fluid

I get it home, fiddle with the wires in the trunk, and the brake lights
start working.  The master cylinder isn't leaking, the paint loss was from
the old clutch master when it went, and I can't find anything on the right
rear wheel except a little oil.

Oh, and the car stops fine.  So much for "I have a '73 something with manual
brakes, and it stops fine".

I just a little pissed.....

Mike