RE: LBC but not spridget-Super 7

To: Tommy_Samuels@MARKIVAUTO.COM
Subject: RE: LBC but not spridget-Super 7
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 20:58:47 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
i read an ebay ad with a motorcycle heart and a sequential 6 speed.  it
said since it didnt have reverse some people had a retrofit electric
starter-type motor to drive reverse, and others had some sort of
flip-switch that would set all 6 gears into reverse so that you could
backup easily.  he also said it was not uncommon for them to hold these
sorts of races with people doing 6 gears in reverse.  sounds friggin
stupid.

--- Tommy_Samuels@MARKIVAUTO.COM wrote:
> Dean
> I've bee fascinated with the 7-esque sports cars for a while and will
> probably start one when the MGA hot rod is finished.  There is a
> company in
> alabama??? maybe  Champion car company that will build a frame for
> about
> $1000.
> jig built for accuracy, good weld quality, etc.
> One excellent donor car to keep it British would be a Spitfire.
> front
> suspension, spindles, breaks, steering rack, independent rear
> suspension,
> gas tank , all sorts of goodies transplant easily.
>
> The best one I have ever driven was powered by a Kawasaki superbike
> engine.
> 6 forward speeds, but no reverse.  SCARY FAST and drove like a dream

=====
the flashfire
262 880 4570

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/