Re: List Mail or Virus Attack via cloned address???

To: bushwacker4@zoomtown.com
Subject: Re: List Mail or Virus Attack via cloned address???
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:26:05 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
bushwacker4@zoomtown.com wrote:

>Did anyone else get a "server report" from the Spridgets-Mod list with an
>attachment named "doc.zip"??? I haven't opened it and probably won't...

I got several with my list email address as the "From".  Somewhere there
is a virus/trojan horse running wild.  Do trojan horse's run?  In any
case I am running linux so I am pretty sure that I am not the source.
The address must have been culled out of someones address book on the list.

But don't open the attachment and they have had the following names so far

   1. doc.src
   2. doc.zip
   3. yav.zip

My solution to all these problems with viruses is to buy all of the
dopes writing them girlfriends.  If they had girls in their lives, they
would be having sex, not writing viruses.  So how about a public service
ad campaign:

"Get a hooker for a nerd, and stamp out viruses"

Seems like a catchy slogan.   JM2C.

Bill Gilroy