Willing of Sprites

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: Willing of Sprites
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 21:00:55 -0500
Cc: Gary & Kathryn Bales <kgb@frontiernet.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Robert E. Shlafer wrote:

> Well, Kate...
>
> You'll have to fight with Lucy who owns
> the diner wherein I have breakfast in
> the morning. She "made me" promise
> it to her when I die.

A funny story.
Back when I was selling car parts circa 1973/74, and older gentleman
used to come by in his Bugeye every couple weeks for parts.
He bought it new in 59. He was always seen in the downtown Toms River
area as he was a local businessman.
I very kiddingly mentioned that I wanted to "inherit" his Bugeye when he
died. It was truely a joke at the time.
Well 5 or 6 years later I get a phone call from "Mrs. Jones" I did not
know who she was and she went on to say that "Jonesy" died and he knew
how much you loved his little car.
After a moment, I asked her who "jonesy" was. She told me Armand Jones,
then it hit me. the old guy with the Bugeye! I thought I just inheritied
a Sprite!! But she called me to inform me Jonesy died and she was
selling his car. $2500. Of course at that point in my life I just bought
a house, had either a small baby or a very pregnant wife, and no spare
$2500. So I had to pass.
Be careful of what you mention in passing to people.
Bob, you may have just willed your Sprite to the waitress.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ