RE: NLBC-Willing of Sprites

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: RE: NLBC-Willing of Sprites
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 19:51:02 -0500
Cc: "Brad Fornal" <toyman@digitex.net>, "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@exit109.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Thanks, Bob.  Unfortunately, although we may attempt to get back on track,
again, I'm afraid we're doomed to failure for several reasons.  The first
reason is that we are too badly divided and polarized to reach a common
consensus on what is wrong and what should be done to remedy it.  There is
an element in this country who hates what we are/resents our successes and
is determined to bring us down to a much lower level.  Unfortunately, that
"element" I mentioned has a lot of political power, through their control of
the news media and key parts of our education system.  The other side has
allowed themselves to become convinced that, among other things, business
should be completely without regulation, thereby forgetting about the ugly
side of human nature, as well as why business became regulated by the
government in the first place. (where's Teddy Roosevelt when we need him?).
Here's a question for you all: What does it say about a society when the
highest paid, most celebrated individuals are entertainers and professional
athletes?  Hint: If you've studied the history of the Roman Empire (as well
as studying the Bible), you are painfully aware of what the above stated
condition indicates.
Our society has become a slave to some of the Great American Myths:
1.) New is always better than old
2.) Bigger is always better
3.) It is always someone else's fault
Now, I sure don't want to become the prophet of gloom and doom.  I enjoy
life and like people too much to become that.  There are still a lot of good
things and good people in this country.  This country will still do a lot of
good things for the rest of the world.  But, to quote a line from "Easy
Rider": "We blew it".

Bud Osbourne