Re: NLBC-Willing of Sprites Sat, 31 Jan 2004 17:43:09 -0500

To: dalep1@earthlink.net (Dale Puffenberger)
Subject: Re: NLBC-Willing of Sprites Sat, 31 Jan 2004 17:43:09 -0500
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 19:54:02 -0500 (EST)
Cc: refisk@chartermi.net (Rick Fisk), spridgets@autox.team.net
"What can we do about it?"

Emphasis on priorities insofar as kids
go depends upon adults within the kid's
reality.

Education and motivation begin at home
with the parents. And religion or God can
play a part in this as well.

Then they go to school wherein teachers
continue the process in cooperation with
the parents, church and the "extended family" of adults the kids
generally meet and see in their little worlds as they grow up.

This worked very well during my day, even with this system's
imperfections.

Unfortunately, this kind of cooperation
between adults to properly bring up kids
no longer exists to the extent it once did.

Ethics, morals, discipline have all gone
by the wayside to one extent or another
to be replaced by....ignorance and downright stupidity...on the part of
(some)
adults!!

To be fair, both parents generally
have to work today to provide a decent
standard of living, right? So one or the
other isn't around most of the time, the
way it used to be.

Not the current kids fault, for sure. They
don't know any better. They depend upon
adults to guide them. 'nough said?!

And NO...it's not this simple. There's a
lot more to it, including computers that
bring the world into that of kid's without
adult supervision. And there is more,
obviously, including NYC's politically correct "social promotion"
program along
with their thought that the answer to
their huge student flunk rate is simply
to lower the passing score from 65% to
55%. No kidding! This is how stupid
adults (in charge of our kids education)
have truly become!!

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)