Re: Cheap Jacks - Hardly worth the trouble/risk

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Cheap Jacks - Hardly worth the trouble/risk
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 22:08:28 -0800
Cc: Dave Carpenter <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>, "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I hope Frank is not speaking from experience, because I can. When my
oldest daughter was about 3 or 4, some friends that were baby sitting
her left her in strapped in a car seat in the back seat of their VW
Rabbit. Meanwhile, the husband decided to inspect the fuel line/gas
tank by getting under the car with an incandescent table lamp. You
guessed it, he knocked over the lamp and the car caught on fire.
Fortunately, his wife had the presence of mind to rush to the car an
extricate my daughter from the car seat before the  car was engulfed
in flames. He was burned on the arms and it was six months before
they could live in their home again, but fortunately that was the
extent of the injuries and my daughter was not burned or worse yet,
killed, It still causes me to cringe when I think what might have
happened.

Good advice, Frank!

Gerard

--