Re: Miss me?

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Miss me?
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 07:53:42 -0600
> Mark's the boss. This is his domain, his
> property. So, while others may
> comment from time to time (depending
> upon outlook, mood, and whether someone had a headache last night or
> there was no someone!) Mark's comments
> in this respect count. He's the Captain and it's his cockpit.

On the other hand, without us his domain is pretty meaningless. Ya wanna sit
all by yourself on the pitcher's mound holding your ball and glove just
because you didn't want to let Bobby play and everyone else went to the
field on the other side of town without you? If this list were solely Mark's
comments, we would have a blog, but no one would be checking it, would they?
There are other Spridget forums on the internet, after all. I happen to like
this one, especially because we can be people, not just Spridget owners. We
can express opinions and we don't have to agree. Unfortunately, this format
also lends itself to invisible flaming and other abuses. OTOH, there is no
reason that MJB would need to archive anything he does not want to (wanna
bet there is a Cap'n Bob filter there?), so there is no "permanent damage",
is there? Next time you are at a family reunion and Uncle Bob is running at
the mouth, you will wish you could subscribe to Spridgets-mod or implement
an Uncle Bob filter, but it won't work there.
David Lieb
Who needs a point? Let's just burn some bandwidth. Freedom of speech,
freedom of the press, whichever one applies!