Re: Sprite oil leak

To: "Mike & Karin" <mcheman1@msn.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sprite oil leak
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 09:29:57 -0500
These engines should have noticeable negative crankcase pressure.  If you
remove the oil cap while the engine is idling, you should be able to place
the palm of your hand over the opening and feel slight suction as you break
the seal that your palm has formed.  If you can feel no suction, or instead
feel pressure then this is contributing to your oil leak.  If you feel
suction then you might have an ill fitting pan gasket, or a worn oil scroll.

Watch for other's comments because IANAM (I am not a mechanic)

Trevor