Re: M a d n e s s ! ! ! ! ! ! !

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: M a d n e s s ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 17:10:23 -0500
Very true and a good point. If this isn't a Sutty, it ain't no good for
a Bugeye.

I've had good experiences and one bad experience with this seller,
George Wolf. I bought a pair of Les Leston ram pipes from him a couple
of years ago. When received, one had a 1/2" hole drilled in the side for
a breather. Not only didn't he mention it in the description, but that
side was turned away from the camera so it couldn't be seen.

His response to me was that this was a common period mod and I should
have asked whether there were mods to the stacks before I bid. Huh? A
friend of mine does heliarc welding and closed the hole and did so w/o
leaving any evidence of the repair, but i won't buy from him again.

If you choose to do business with him, my recommendation is to ask
questions even about the obvious. I just don't like playing those games.
It's like buying cd's on ebay, you have to ask "20 questions" of the
seller and even then you sometimes have to interpret their answer. Last
week I got an answer from a CD seller who wouldn't admit the "CD" was
actually a cdr, saying it was manufactured by ~Yomatomi Yatutzu.
Ooooookayyyyyy.

Like the author of the article in the new issue of Thoroughbred &
Classic Cars on Fakes says "There's nothing wrong with replicas, as long
as they are represented as such."

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct
http://home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/ <http://home.ix.netcom.com/%7Etype79/>