Fulcrum Pin Cotters

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fulcrum Pin Cotters
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:05:46 -0600
Well, we had a lovely day in Chicagoland today. Lucky me, I got to get up
this morning at 2am so I could go to the police station and move the phone
switch to the new building. That is one heavy mother of a switch for three
people to muscle up 16 steps! I sort of wish I could work that shift, since
there was absolutely no traffic on the roads this morning (I have never seen
US 14 that deserted!) and I got to go home at noon and play with my Midget.

Unfortunately, the fates were not real happy with me. The new fulcrum pin
staunchly resisted going into the new wishbone and, once that was in place,
the new cotter pin did not want to go all the way in either. It slides in
far enough that the end of the threaded end is about flush with the bottom
of the kingpin. I tried turning the fulcrum pin to be sure it wasn't merely
out-of-center, but no dice (fuzzy or otherwise). By that time I decided that
my judgement was a trifle suspect, so I went in to cook supper and pose the
problem at you. No, it is not 180 out. At 180 out, it does not even begin to
go into the hole.
David Lieb