Re: LBC (but not spridget) temperature question

To: Bill Miller <millerb@intergate.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LBC (but not spridget) temperature question
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 17:38:04 -0800 (PST)
--- Bill Miller <millerb@intergate.com> wrote:
> I have a question for you guys.  I know some you
> also own MGB's.  A while
> ago, my olds daily driver died and I bought a MGB.

Bill,
First of all, I'm envious that you're driving your B
every day.  I had a 78 B in college (now, amazingly,
almost 20 years ago), driven in Albany, NY winters,
50,000 miles in 3 years.  I also had a BGT here in
Illinois that I used when my Miata with 40 series
tires couldn't maintain forward motion in any sort of
wet weather.  The BGT is a car I truly regret selling.

Anyway, both my cars ran cold.  However, the BGT
benefitted greatly from repeated flushing of the
cooling system.  The temp bulb is sensing coolant
temperature, and the engine was actually running
hotter while the gauge was reading lower than reality
because the shit in the cooling system was not
allowing the engine heat to be transferred to the
coolant.  Since your car has a recent rebuild, that
may not be the problem, but might be worth a look.

=====
Ron Soave

"But you don't really know me."
- Bruce Springsteen, after a fan screamed "We Love You, Bruce!"